- 10 Competitions are held each year on the first Wednesday of the month.
- An end of the year competition and exhibition is held at the end of each year.
- Only Financial Members are eligible to enter Competitions.
- A member who wishes to enter the Competition but is unable to attend on Competition Night can then ask another Member to submit their entries.
- Print entries should be presented to the Competition Secretary by 7.30 pm on the night of the Competition.
dig_mon_set_month_title of image_name.jpg
- Horizontal image dimensions (width) maximum 1920 pixels
- Vertical image dimensions (height) maximum 1080 pixels
- Image file size is to be a maximum of 2MB
- Colour space for images should be sRGB IEC6 1966-2.1
Digital: The Judge will have the opportunity to view all entries prior to judging. This is to enable the Judge to assess the standard of competition.
10 points being considered a Distinction
FLORA/FAUNA/FUR: An image where a plant or plants, animal or animals are the dominate dominate subject. This can include natural or man made settings,. Buildings and or people may be in the image but not dominate.
CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHS: Where images have been modified during or after exposure using experimental techniques.
LANDSCAPES/SEASCAPES: In a Landscape photo a body of land must feature. In a Seascape the ocean must feature. Human elements may be included, inland waterways are eligible and a photo where skies or clouds dominate is acceptable.
7.7 Entries will nominated by members and presented from the clubs image database ensuring that they are presented in exactly the same way as the competition in which they received their original award.
7.8 No points are awarded in the End of Year Competition.
7.9 The Judge will be asked to select a top image in each of the 5 categories for each section. Merits will be awarded at the Judges discretion.
7.10 The Judge will be asked to select a Top Entry and a runner up for each of the three sections from the winners of each category.
8. TROPHIES AND CERTIFICATES
Trophies, Certificates of Merit and Certificates of Achievement will be awarded a the End of Year meeting for the following:
8.1 The Top Image and Runner up in each section at the End of Year Competition.
8.2 The Top Image in each category at the End of Year Competition.
8.3 Perpetual Trophies are to be held by the recipient for the coming year. Trophies will also be awarded to the Top Image in each section.
- The Carol Lamplough Memorial Portrait Trophy. A traditional portrait.
- The Stephen (Rolly) Robertson Memorial Wildlife Trophy. Non domestic wildlife both vertebrates, invertebrates and includes fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals. Ideally the images should be in a natural habitat or surrounding.
AMENDMENT TO THE RULES
The Committee may at its discretion, amend the competition rules at any time. Any alteration to the Rules will be announced to members at the next Club Meeting.
Updated: 06th March 2021